Rebel Wilson, 38, partners with Anne Hathaway, 35, in the comedy The Hustle (in theaters June 29), in which the two women team up to con a tech billionaire (Alex Sharp). Here are five facts about the Sydney, Australia–born star of Pitch Perfect, Bridesmaids and How to Be Single, who has never felt pressure to become skinny. “Bigger girls do better in comedy,” she says.
- She holds degrees in law and theater and performance studies from the University of New South Wales, graduating in 2009. But her interest in acting began just after high school, when she hallucinated winning an Oscar while undergoing treatment for malaria.
- As a child, Wilson was a champion junior handler who showed beagles in dog shows.
- Her first Hollywood movie role was a cameo in the Nicolas Cage movie Ghost Rider (2007).
- She sang Lady Gaga’s “The Edge of Glory” for her audition to play Fat Amy in Pitch Perfect.
- Wilson isn’t the only one in her family with an interesting name. She has siblings called Liberty, Annachi and Ryot.
Source: Lady Gaga